Refine by Type +-
1228 Results for [ * ]
- Ansco "Vest Pocket 2" Cameracstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-ansco-vest-pocket-2-camera.phpThis medium format, folding camera belonged to John Vanderpant (1884–1939), an important Canadian photographer.
- Moog Music Inc. "Minimoog" Synthesizercstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-moog-music-inc-minimoog-synthesizer.phpIntroduced in late 1970, the Minimoog Model D was the first mass-produced synthesizer to become a “classic.”
- Hugh Le Caine "Electronic Sackbut" Synthesizercstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-hugh-le-caine-electronic-sackbut-synthesizer.phpNamed for an ancestor of the modern trombone, the Electronic Sackbut pioneered voltage control of sound generation, which became the standard approach in electronic music.
- Westman & Baker Platen Printing Presscstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-westman-and-baker-platen-printing-press.phpThis Canadian-made press was modelled on the hugely successful Gordon-style platen press, which was common in Canadian print shops for over a century.
- Tappan-Gurney Ltd. "PEDKNR 436AC" Electric Rangecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-tappan-gurney-limited-pedknr-436ac-electric-range.phpThis is an example of a deluxe model range produced by Tappan-Gurney in 1964.
- Burrow, Stewart & Milne Co. Ltd. "A238 Jewel" Range cstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-burrow-stewart-milne-company-limited-a238-jewel-range.phpThis is a functional and beautiful circa 1916 Jewel range.
- Beach Foundry Ltd. "ES371" Rangecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-beach-foundry-limited-es371-beach-range.phpThis is the last range made by Beach Foundry, which began making such appliances in 1894.
- Beach Foundry Ltd. "Buffet" Rangecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-beach-foundry-limited-buffet-range.phpThis is a beautiful, streamlined, early electric range that was made in Canada.
- Canadian Vickers Ltd. Triple Expansion Steam Enginecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-canadian-vickers-ltd-triple-expansion-steam-engine.phpThe triple-expansion steam engine was the most efficient way to power ships — from passenger liners to buoy tenders.
- Beach Foundry Ltd. "CE24-A" Rangecstmhttp://cstmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-beach-foundry-limited-ce24-a-range.phpDiscover a combination of coal and electric technologies in this Canadian-made range.