Refine by Type +-
1234 Results for [ * ]
- Curtiss HS-2L La Vigilancecasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-curtiss-hs-2l-la-vigilance.phpExplore details of the Museum’s largest and longest restoration project to date, which included building an entire hull for this flying boat.
- Borel-Morane Monoplanecasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-borel-morane-monoplane.phpGet details of the several-hundred-hour process that brought this artifact back to life while retaining historical materials and coatings.
- Aeronca C-2casmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-aeronca-c-2.phpTight timelines were no match for Museum staff, who reconditioned this diminutive airplane in time for a test flight by RCAF pilots. Learn more.
- A History of the Rockcliffe Airport Sitecasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-history-rockcliffe-airport-site.phpHow does a former military base become a national showcase and home to the Canada Aviation and Space Museum? Find out in this photo essay.
- Camouflagecasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-camouflage.phpDid you know the first military aircraft had no camouflage whatsoever? See how air forces came to realize that disguising airplanes was a good idea.
- R-100casmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-r-100.phpLearn about Canada’s role in the Imperial Airship Scheme, in the Museum’s photo essay about the R-100 Airship.
- Shield and Swordcasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-shield-sword.phpExplore post-Second World War aviation innovation, some of the most important of its century, in the Museum’s photo essay.
- Igor Sikorsky: One Man, Three Careerscasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-igor-sikorsky-one-man-three-careers.phpExplore the eventful life of aviation pioneer Igor Sikorsky, in the Museum’s photo essay.
- 1909 — An Illustrious Yearcasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-1909-an-iIllustrious-year.phpFrench aviators were shocked by Wilbur Wright’s mastery of the air when they saw him fly in 1908. Find out how they reacted, in the Museum’s photo essay.
- The HS-2L in Canadacasmhttp://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/research-hs-2l-in-canada.phpRead about the creation, history, and reconstruction of Canada’s first commercial aircraft, now part of the Museum collection.