For immediate release
June 29, 2016
Canada Day Activities - Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation
OTTAWA, June 29, 2016 — The three museums of the Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation are hosting a variety of activities in Canada’s Capital Region on Canada Day. Admission is FREE on July 1, with the exception of special exhibitions. See below for activity listings.
- Various aircraft on site: Bell 206B helicopter, CH-146 Griffon helicopter, DC-3 Dakota, Pilatus PC-12, and many more
- Tours aboard the newly-acquired C-130 Hercules
- Performance by the Canadian Armed Forces Parachute Team, the SkyHawks
- NOTE: the SkyHawks will perform a media jump on June 30 at 11 a.m. followed by MEDIA AVAILABILITY – contact Media Officer for more information.
- Rocket launch by the Ottawa Rocketry Group
- Fly past by the Canadian Forces Snowbirds and the CF-18 Demo Hornet
Star TrekTM: The Starfleet Academy Experience is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tickets are available for purchase on site and online.
- Ice cream making
- Meet a Canadienne cow
- Game – Canadian Agriculture: What’s growing in Canada?
- Poutine in the Demonstration Kitchen
Canada Science and Technology Museum: Although the Museum remains closed until fall 2017, the #ScienceMobile programming team will be at Major’s Hill Park to deliver exciting activities with a Science Carnival theme.
- Can you toss a bean bag in a hole while seeing upside down?
- Can you create a wind vortex to make a target spin?
- Can you race toy cars using only magnetic power?
About the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
Canada’s unique agricultural heritage and future are celebrated at the Museum. Explore the sights and sounds of farm life through the animal barns, exhibitions, treasures from the collection, hands-on activities, and food demonstrations. The Museum is located on the Central Experimental Farm, a 425-hectare crop research station and National Historic Site, just minutes from Parliament Hill by car, and steps from the Rideau Canal, Ornamental Gardens, and Dominion Arboretum. For more information please visit cafmuseum.techno-science.ca.
About the Canada Aviation and Space Museum
The Canada Aviation and Space Museum is Canada’s national museum of aviation and space and houses the most extensive collection of aircraft and space exploration artifacts in the country. Located on an active airport, the Museum offers vintage aircraft and helicopter rides during the summer and simulator rides all year long. Cited as one of the top ten aviation and space museums in the world according to a recent CNN survey, the Museum hosts thousands of visitors each year. For more information please visit casmuseum.techno-science.ca.
About the Canada Science and Technology Museum
The Canada Science and Technology Museum is responsible for preserving Canada’s scientiﬁc and technological heritage and promoting and sharing knowledge about it. The Museum tells the stories of Canadian ingenuity and achievement in science and technology, and demonstrates how these accomplishments have contributed to the transformation of Canada. For more information please visit cstmuseum.techno-science.ca.Back to top